Middle Leadership Academy
We are creating a space for evidence-based, collaborative learning and leadership development.
The Middle Leadership Academy is the professional learning arm of the CSU Student Success Network. Over the course of a year, the Academy brings together campus-based teams of CSU faculty, student affairs staff, researchers, and students in a collaborative and supportive environment to work on common issues related to student learning, engagement, progression and completion. The Academy is grounded in a problem-based learning model that motivates participants to “lead from the middle” as they explore and apply strategies to develop and implement on their campuses, with a focus on closing opportunity and outcomes gaps.
Teams of up to six participants from a CSU campus are partnered with a facilitator who helps guide the team and provides targeted support as they delve into an issue of equity on their campus.
At the end of the year-long institute, Middle Leadership Academy participants will be able to:
- Engage with existing research that explores the relationships between institutional needs, effective leadership, and student success;
- Apply research and evidence to make informed decisions that advance institutional change efforts;
- Strengthen the capacity to prioritize and lead departmental, institutional, and other changes through the process of evidence-based collaborative inquiry;
- Create and sustain professional relationships in which peers share ideas and strategize approaches around evidence-based leadership and institutional change;
- Develop leadership identity;
- Develop strategies to sustain and support leadership development; and
- Consider ways in which they and their institutions contribute to equity and inequity.
Applications for the 2019-20 Academy are already in progress.
For more information click the image below.
Want to know more?
Watch presentations from previous Academy sessions
Dr. Tim Renick, Georgia State University, Atlanta Campus 2018-19 Middle Leadership Academy, March 7, 2019(Note: Due to technical difficulties, the first minute of the video was not recorded.)
Cameron Gage Stevenson & Adam Petersen, CSU San Marcos 2017-18 Middle Leadership Academy, June 2, 2018
Professor Myra Snell, Los Medanos College & Professor Tammi Marshall, Cyyamaca College 2017-18 Middle Leadership Academy, February 3, 2018
Contact: Bianca Mothe, Academy Director
MONDAY, APRIL 15, 2019
|9:00am||Convening: Supporting Success after the First Year|
THURSDAY, MAY 2 – SATURDAY, MAY 4, 2019
|10:00am||2018-19 Middle Leadership Academy Session 3|
FRIDAY, MAY 3, 2019
|5:00pm||2019-20 Middle Leadership Academy Application due (invite only)|
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 25, 2019
|TBD||Convening: Growth Mindset|